Your speaker lineup is critical. These are the people who will be transmitting our message to your crowd. Speakers should be engaging, informative, and passionate. Don’t let speeches go on and on (more on that in a later lesson)
1. More than 225 Sheriff’s have issued statements stating that they will not comply with unconstitutional federal edicts, your local sheriff is a great place to start.
2. Look at conservative groups in your area – this will also double as promoting the event. If the chairman of a large conservative group is a speaker at your event, he/she will encourage the group’s members to attend the meeting. Some groups to consider approaching:
- Tea Party groups
- VFW groups
- American Legion
- Patriot Guard Riders
- Daughters/Sons of the American Revolution
- Local Republican Clubs
3. Contact the owners/managers of various gun ranges/stores and ask for their input. They will have connections to marksmanship clubs and veterans groups that will want to get involved, and the group leaders will want to speak.
4. Involve your Facebook page and email list! Involve the people who are going to attend your rally by asking them who they would like to hear from.
5. Make it clear that speaker time is limited and time limits will be enforced. An extremely long speech can kill the enthusiasm of a rally.
6. Try to get a speakers on a diversity of topics and with a diversity of speaking styles.