Who’s ready to witness an all-out trainwreck? The Democratic National Convention has been plagued with failures and disastrous budgetary issues since the beginning of planning. Now, we get to see what failed ideas and fiscal mismanagement looks like on a micro-level. We should just consider this disastrous convention as a micro-illustration of what the same people have done to our country and what we could logically expect from another four years of an Obama presidency.
In June, the AFL-CIO, the largest federation of unions in the country, “went their own, separate ways” with the Democrats and withheld funding for the DNC. The convention was moved to Bank of America stadium as a cost-saving measure. Richard Trumka, the president of the AFL-CIO, stated,
“In recognition of the changes we have made in our political program, however, and our desire to engage in politics in a more effective and grassroots way, this year we will not be making major monetary contributions to the Convention or the Host Committee for events or activities around the convention. We won’t be buying skyboxes, hosting events other than the Labor Delegates meeting or bringing a big staff contingent to the convention. I will be attending the convention – mainly to lead the delegates’ meeting and to convey labor’s coordinated message where appropriate.”
Ouch. Nothing says, “We still believe in your cause” like, “We’re gonna do our own thing.”
Laughably, the Democrats, not wanting to be associated with a financial institution the government bailed out, has insisted on calling Bank of America stadium, “Panther Stadium.” It is where the Carolina Panthers play.
According to Bloomberg News, by mid-June, the Democratic Party had run up a fundraising deficit for the increasingly lame event of an estimated $27 million. To be fair, fiscal responsibility has not been the Democrats’ strong suit.
While I do not know what kind of shindig the Democrats will be throwing, I feel comfortable saying that it will lack a certain sparkle needed to attract the necessary attention for the party that seems to be rapidly running out of both ideas and money. The confirmed list of speakers may do more harm than good as many are not big names in the party, and the rest are better off forgotten. Among some of the more notable speakers, we will see:
- Newark Mayor Cory Booker, who is a thorn in the side of the administration as he criticized the Obama administration’s Bain Capital attack ads.
- Kamala Harris- The Attorney General of California. You know, the state that is $16 billion in debt and an example of what fiscal recklessness and social engineering does.
- Former President Bill Clinton- Who hates Barack Obama and has been critical of this administration.
- Elizabeth Warren- Senatorial candidate who, despite running in one of the most liberal states in the union, is in serious danger of losing to Scott Brown. She is also known for her cultural identity confusion.
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel- Because whenever possible, you want to associate your campaign with Chicago- which is known for it’s long history of corrupt politics and being the wasteland of unchecked violence.
- House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi- The arrogant representative who “blessed” the “young, vibrant” Occupiers who will be shouting expletives and defecating on cop cars outside of the convention.
- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid- The career politician who has spread slanderous, hearsay rumors regarding Romney’s taxes.
- Eva Longoria- Because… Well, we don’t know why.
- Sandra Fluke- The too-friendly law student who believes we should collectively pay for her birth control.
- Senator John Kerry- Because nothing says, “Let’s defeat the rich, white guy!” like a rich, white guy that married into money.
- Democratic National Committee Chairman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz- The curly-haired loudmouth that insists Obamacare is not a tax, despite appearing to be a tax.
- Caroline Kennedy- Maybe she can explain how her Democrat father would be considered a right-wing extremist by today’s standards.
- And, of course, my personal favorite- Jimmy Carter!- Yes, folks, via video, ol’ Jimmy will appear to sing the praise of Obama and explain how by supporting Obama, we can experience a resurgence of the prosperity and good times our nation enjoyed in the late ’70′s.
I’m feeling generous, so I’ll give the Democrats a nickel’s worth of free advice: As even the biggest liberals will now admit that the Carter administration was a colossal failure on every level, I’m not certain it would be wise of them to associate this administration with it, especially since the unflattering comparison is already fairly obvious.
There are many more speakers, but they’re largely forgettable. They’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel. I just hope they let “Slow” Joe Biden do a little talking. Even if they don’t, I’m confident we will all have plenty to talk about.