Navy SEALs Call Out Obama on Bin Laden Leaks, Get Called “Gutless”

The killing of Osama bin Laden is a divisive issue in America. It shouldn’t be. The leader of Al Qaeda and the architect of the 9/11 attacks was targeted and killed by the best of the best of the military. Whether Republican, Democrat, conservative, liberal or any subset thereof, joyousness should have been the prevailing feeling. Instead, it became a dividing issue. Weaklings started asking, “How can we be excited over a death?” And further questions followed. How could we justify crossing Pakistani borders? Should we see the death photos? And, most importantly, who gets the credit? While Obama told us to not “spike the football,” the Commander-in-Chief has become more skilled at proverbial endzone theatrics than Terrell Owens. And now real heroes are calling him out on it.

Sure, people are going to disagree with me. People will say it’s macabre that we are squabbling over who gets the credit for the kill. Others will take issue with the violation of Pakistani airspace or the siege on a compound with civilians. That’s fine, people are entitled to their opinions. Me? I have no issue with the siege, only the aftermath. And I’m not alone.

The Special Operations OPSEC Education Fund, a group of former special forces officers and C.I.A. officers, has released a 22-minute video detailing numerous aspects of Obama’s handling of the operation, it’s aftermath and accuses him of not only leaking the information on the attack on the bin Laden compound, but capitalizing on that leak for political gains while endangering active soldiers and future operations.

These are bold accusations, no doubt. However, they are by no means new accusations. Shortly after the raid where Navy SEALs killed bin Laden, it was announced that a movie would be made about the operation that would- surprise, surprise- be released right before the election. While I enjoy a good blockbuster as much as the next guy, Judicial Watch discovered that the White House was, “Working closely with producers of a movie about the successful killing of Osama bin Laden and pushed them to incorporate the administration’s talking points.”

Far from a conspiracy theory, the fears were substantiated as Representative Peter King from New York investigated these allegations. The leaks amounted to more than “spiking the football,” but rather a hand-off of classified materials. King stated,

“After reviewing these emails, I am even more concerned about the possible exposure of classified information to these filmmakers, who as far as I know, do not possess security clearances.  The email messages indicate that the filmmakers were allowed an unprecedented visit to a classified facility so secret that its name is redacted in the released email.  If this facility is so secret that the name cannot even be seen by the public, then why in the world would the Obama Administration allow filmmakers to tour it?  The emails also tell of these filmmakers being allowed to tour the CIA’s vaults, which is absolutely shocking to those of us who know the sensitive nature of materials kept there.

Also troubling is the fact that the Democratic lobbying firm Glover Park Group was so intimately involved in brokering these filmmakers’ access to clandestine officers and potentially special operators only weeks after the mission and when details were otherwise still very closely guarded, and one of Glover Park’s primary contacts within the Administration, CIA spokeswoman Marie Harf, left shortly thereafter to join President Obama’s reelection campaign in Chicago.

This is a very serious issue.  We simply cannot forget what then-Secretary of Defense Bob Gates said a week after the raid:  ‘Frankly, a week ago Sunday, in the Situation Room, we all agreed that we would not release any operational details from the effort to take out bin Laden.  That all fell apart on Monday, the next day.’”

Instead of merely shaking their heads, a group of soldiers and C.I.A officers has taken to the web to voice their outrage at this political stunt. In a lengthy and well-articulated web video, interviewees discuss the ramifications of the intelligence leaks. Former Navy SEAL Benjamin Smith stated, “As a citizen, it is my civic duty to tell the president to stop leaking information to the enemy. It will get Americans killed.” Frankly, some things shouldn’t have to be said…

Smith went on to say, “Mr. President, you did not kill Osama bin Laden. America did. We have become a political weapon. We are not.”

Fellow former Navy SEAL Scott Taylor noted,

“If you disclose how we got there, how we took down the building, what we did, how many people were there, that is going to hinder future operations, and certainly hurt the success of those future operations.”

I’m no SEAL, but it seems like unassailable logic.

The group claims no political affiliation and directly targets the leaks and the aftermath of the operation. However, the White House has responded and has accused the group of “Swift Boating”, a reference to the veterans groups that came out against John Kerry’s service record in the 2004 election. Obama Campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt said, “The Republicans are resorting to ‘Swift Boat’ tactics because when it comes to foreign policy and national security, Mitt Romney has offered nothing but reckless rhetoric.”

I’m not certain creating a discussion about foreign policy will work to Obama’s advantage. While his domestic policies have a more immediate effect on voters, his foreign policy has been consistently labeled as “weak” at best.

The OPSEC group seems to be a single-issue group with no declared political affiliation. Personally, I would have found the Obama Campaign’s rebuttal far more compelling if the response was more of a denial rather than a counter-accusation.

Hilariously enough, the senior fellow for the leftist group Media Matters, Eric Boehlert tweeted, “#kindalame former Navy SEALs don’t have guts to admit they’re running a GOP, anti-Obama campaign; http://nyti.ms/N2nYYj ”

Of all the arguments Boehlert could have gone with, he went with the “gutless” accusation against Navy SEALs? Oh, boy…

Former Navy SEAL Scott Taylor stated,

“We’re clearly not gutless. We’re in the public right now, completely out there… Everything’s out there. It’s interesting how the left is trying to frame this as a partisan issue. I don’t care what party people are from within our group. This issue is about national security leaks.”

He also succinctly put Boehlert’s comment in context by saying, “I wonder how many of this guy’s close friends he’s buried.” I couldn’t have said it better myself.

The organization has already raised $1 million to dedicate to advertising in swing states. To donate to OPSEC or to get involved, please visit: http://www.opsecteam.org/

This entry was posted in American Greatness, Election 2012, Government, Heroes, News and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Navy SEALs Call Out Obama on Bin Laden Leaks, Get Called “Gutless”

1. Robert Hauser says:

Who in hell has to be a seal to know that the two party system is a quadruped with two hindquarters and absent a head and a deadly pox on both their houses for what they have done to this country each in turn on his watch….it is grossly long past time when some in the military saw their Demander-n-Thief for what he really is: a confirmed pathologically narcissistic, self-serving oath-violator and traitor. How do you go about killing somebody who, by too numerous the accounts, has already been dead for ten years? America, the LIE, people—this country now is no way anything remotely akin to what the Founders bequeathed to us. The enemy—-by parsecs worse than any “foreign” enemy fancied or real—-is and always has been RIGHT DAMNED HERE WITHIN OUR BORDERS!!!!!! Jesus, Joseph and Mary, when will people in this country wake the Hell up????????

• Charli Garrett says:

You are absolutely right Robert. The people who represent us now are godless with no honor or integrity. They don’t give two hoots about America or us, only lining their pockets at our expense. God help us all.

2. Eugene Hagen says:

You have to call them as you see them.If it looks like shit,smells like shit, it must be shit.don’t tell me it’s pork.

3. Michael S Betts says:

I hope we find out how many guts Eric Boehlert has when a SEAL or former SEAL stomps them out of him. I’d even pay to see that.

4. Elizabeth Ann Cohen says:

Is there any one out there more angry than I am over this. I am fuming and I would love to see him arrested, tried and convicted for treason. Get this man out of office. Liberal or not , This is America we need to protect ourselves!!!! we don’t need a traitor for president.

5. Robert Bowers says:

I served in the Army for six years and will always cheer, “Go Army beat Navy.” But I will also always say, God Bless the Navy Seals.

6. Michael McEwen says:

I do not know how many of you know this but anyone on active duty can not speakout agance the military or the President. I find it funny that someone who has left the military is speaking out about this operation with nothing to back it up. I think someone in the republician party has found them and maybe paying them to tell this stuff.

7. Proud Vet says:

partisan paid bullshit. Romney is called out for calling for pakistani sovereignity-Obama was the only leader with the guts to say he would go into Pakistan, and he backed it up .Any partisan hack that tries to rewrite history, or infer the unproven for politics is a paid terrorist sympatizer in my book. Obama has done more for Veteran’ services than any recent President, and Romney proposes cutting Veteran services. Not one of Mitt’s son has served.

• Michael S. Betts says:

I have not the slightest doubt that Obama’s daughters will sign up as soon as they come of age – and request the most dangerous assignments.

• Elizabeth Ann Cohen says:

obama is a traitor and you sir are not a proud vet! However, my son Sgt Daniel Eger 101st airborne served 2 tours Iraq and my son in law Chief Aaron Norton have more pride in their little fingers than you have in your entire traitorous body. You should hang on a scaffold along side obama.

• ken clute says:

Proud vet, what does romneys kids have to do with this discussion? Oblamer is taking credit for what the US Navy Seals even said is not true!! When did “he go into pakistan?” Our military did it, and yes he is the CIC, but what did he say about not “spiking the football”? OH that’s right B O speaks with forked tongue!!
      I do not see how anybody on God’s green earth can support this socialist that we have for a prez,he should be lobotomized.

• Thomas says:

Proud Vet: Tell me again how great Obam is for the military? Are you ignoring the HUGE cuts he is attempting to make to veterans medical care? Tricare?

Please explain to me how he has done more for the military members, because I don’t see it.

8. Someone answer me this– WHY does it take so LONG for people/groups to respond to crap like Obama has allowed. I remember reading about this eons ago.
    Military were put in danger by Obama’s lack of knowing How to treat Security matters? WHY wasn’t CONGRESS ‘All Over This’????????
    WHY is Obama still president? ???

9. Christine says:

A must read America! If you think our troops and or Seal teams are anything but “Gutless” This is a Must Read and a Must See! Obama is clearly in violation of his OATH OF OFFICE if all of this is true! Treason! Boycott the movie when released! I am completely offended by this admisitration calling our troops and especially our Seal team who pulled this off, “Gutlass” as they hide behind their desks! E-NOUGH

10. Todd Buttermore says:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but is it not this administrations intention to prosecute WikiLeaks founder, J. Assange, for the same type of disclosures? I mean, come on America! Wake up and smell the crap we’ve been handed for the last four years. We’re lied to day after day by Obama, he circumvents law, tells us “we didn’t build that”, and blames everything on Bush! What? Hope and change has turned into mope and cringe! And we’re suppose to believe that as president it’s ‘ok’ for him to commit criminal acts…oh wait! He can do whatever he wants, he’s president! BS!!

Our America is being dismantled slowly from within, bit by bit, piece by precious piece…and many of us aren’t paying attention to even notice. I’m ashamed of this president and what he’s doing to my country. And now he puts our service members lives at stake so he can take credit for something he did NOT do…he only gave the order. What a jerk. America needs these people and he should be taking the necessary steps to protect them, help them, and support them. Instead they’re nothing but a tool…a means to an end.

God help us, ’cause no one else is!

11. John Dentone MCPO USN Ret. says:

Funny how those who never served have the most to say.

12. John Dentone MCPO USN Ret. says:

Funny how those who never served have the most derogatory things to say.

13. Lisa Cuddeback says:

Americans need to see more of this!!!! I ,posted this to my facebook page immediately after watching the video. I am only one American, but if I reach one more American who feels as helpless as I do against the current Administration, I will have achieved my goal for today. One person at a time – we need to keep this message going!!

“As an American citizen I urge EVERYONE, whether Republican, Democrat or whatever political affiliation you are, to take the time to watch this video. This video is clear in it’s message on protecting America and those service men and women who are fighting to keep our country free and allow us to live by the standards of our Constitution. The men in this video are standing up and speaking out about protecting this country WITHOUT having the Administration compromise the details of our missions and our technology to the enemies of AMERICA!!!
    Please take the time to watch this video – you’ll be glad you did.”

14. mona miller says:

I pray there are still people like them today. That can stand up and be heard when it is the right thing to do. We need you and we need you now. Are you up to the fight for healthy food and year round jobs? I am who will follow?
    A humble history lesson for all of us!
    Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men
    who signed the Declaration of Independence ?

Five signers were captured by the British as traitors,
    and tortured before they died.

Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned.
    Two lost their sons serving in the Revolutionary Army;
    another had two sons captured.

Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or
    hardships of the Revolutionary War.

They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes,
    and their sacred honor.

What kind of men were they?

Twenty-four were lawyers and jurists.
    Eleven were merchants,
    nine were farmers and large plantation owners;
    men of means, well educated,
    but they signed the Declaration of Independence
    knowing full well that the penalty would be death if
    they were captured.
    Carter Braxton of Virginia, a wealthy planter and
    trader, saw his ships swept from the seas by the
    British Navy. He sold his home and properties to
    pay his debts, and died in rags.

Thomas McKeam was so hounded by the British
    that he was forced to move his family almost constantly.
    He served in the Congress without pay, and his family
    was kept in hiding. His possessions were taken from him,
    and poverty was his reward.

Vandals or soldiers looted the properties of Dillery, Hall, Clymer,
    Walton, Gwinnett, Heyward, Ruttledge, and Middleton.

At the battle of Yorktown , Thomas Nelson, Jr., noted that
    the British General Cornwallis had taken over the Nelson
    home for his headquarters. He quietly urged General
    George Washington to open fire. The home was destroyed,
    and Nelson died bankrupt.

Francis Lewis had his home and properties destroyed.
    The enemy jailed his wife, and she died within a few months.

John Hart was driven from his wife’s bedside as she was dying.
    Their 13 children fled for their lives. His fields and his gristmill
    were laid to waste. For more than a year he lived in forests
    and caves, returning home to find his wife dead and his
    children vanished.
    So, take a few minutes while enjoying your 4th of July holiday and
    silently thank these patriots. It’s not much to ask for the price they paid.

Remember: freedom is never free!

I hope you will show your support by sending this to as many
    people as you can, please. It’s time we get the word out that patriotism
    is NOT a sin, and the Fourth of July has more to it than beer,
    picnics, and baseball games.